WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

My Youtube Videos

Game: Alan Wake is Scary AND Fun to play

Screenshot of the game's title screen
I just finished Alan Wake over the weekend and I friggin LOVED IT!!
This is a game I played slowly but surely over the past few weeks.

It's a horror game plus a puzzle game, and an action game where you fight the "Taken" who are shrouded and protected by darkness. So your main weapons include a flashlight and a ranged weapon like a pistol.

You have to battle several waves of the Taken while going through the game and it's up to you to figure out how to survive. At first I was completely annoyed with the fighting system. I was like "Dude, you have to point a flashlight at the enemy first before shooting at them? whuuuut?" But eventually, you get a hang of it and it's pretty friggin enjoyable when you defeat the bad guys. And as the game progresses, you get better flashlights, and stronger weapons. I love using the flash bang grenades and the flare plus shotgun combo. XD


Another part of this game I really liked were the cinematics and the story. I was really immersed in the story of Alan Wake and his quest to find his wife who was kidnapped in Bright Falls. It's effin awesome. The voice acting was absolutely brilliant. Listening to Alan Wake narrate what's happening is something you don't want to skip. Although the graphics can be totally improved, it doesn't keep you from getting into the story.

Also, each chapter or part of the game is cut into "Episodes" which is really cool. It's like you're watching a TV show instead of playing a game. They even throw in a "Previously on Alan Wake" recap. Weeehheeeee


I also loved to search for the secret caches of weapons. You'll find them when you see orange arrows that are only visible when you point your flashlight on a blank wall or something. Plus you'll hear heavy breathing when you're near a cache. Super creepy.

So yeah, overall, this is a brilliant game. I only ever bought it because Cry played it and said it was awesome. My first impression of the game was that it's bullcrap. But I when I came back to play again after some time, I fell in love with the story and the horror. It really is a game that you have to be in a mood to play.

Try it out for yourself. Get the game from Steam while it's on sale!
Alan Wake at 60% off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/108710/

P.S. I also got the DLC sort of. Alan Wake: American Nightmare. Will probably play it after I finish AC Unity. :P

0 comments :